Meeting by video conference on July 11, all members of the Festival board and staff agreed to extend their terms of service through the 2021 season. Jane Orme, president for the last three years, said that she will step down from her leadership role, but continue as a regular board member through 2023. Officers elected at the annual meeting include:
- Harry Grant, President
- Anne Peck, Vice-President
- Kathy Podmayer, Treasurer
- Carolanne Steinebach, Secretary
Entire board and staff to return for 2021 season
Kyrie Jardin and Mary Koch will also continue as directors, and Artistic Director Kevin Krentz, Executive Director Liz Johnson and Executive Assistant Jenny Beste will return for another year. Liz plans to retire as Executive Director after the 2021 season and join the board at that time.
Finances stable… donor benefits carry forward
Thanks to prudent financial planning, your Festival remains in good shape despite a significant (and understandable) drop in donations and grants this year. We will go quiet for the rest of the year, and look forward to resuming operations in 2021.
Thank you to all the generous supporters who donated in anticipation of a glorious 2020 season (see list below). To make up for the loss of our summer concerts, your donor benefits will be rolled forward and applied to the 2021 season.
The Festival will participate in Give Methow this October. Our regular fundraising will resume in the spring along with the return of the summer concerts.
In other news,
- Artist Verne White spent the month of May painting four gigantic murals for the Festival yard.
- Artistic Director Kevin Krentz and his wife Haeyoon celebrated their first wedding anniversary on June 30. They were married at the Festival barn last summer.
- Summer Festival director Rebecca Thomson Lundquist and her husband Wyatt are expecting their first child in November!
- Venue owners Howard and Liz Johnson were featured in an article in the Methow Arts summer magazine. Click here to read how the Johnsons became involved with the Festival and how they converted an old horse barn into a charming musical venue.
Thank you, donors!
Lisa Beaudreau & Matt Hyde | J. Bart Bradshaw | Sarah, Erik & Keeley Brooks | Caryl Campbell & John Adams | Carolyn Cilek | Harriett Cody & Harvey Sadis | Jillian Danley | Barb & Rich DeLorenzo | Skip & Diane Edmonds | Karen Edwards & Tom Ise | Tani Erickson | Tom & Nan Grayston | Peter Guenther | Walt & Kathleen Havens | Sharon & Jim Hawes | Ed & Dorothy Hudson | Sally & Peter Hunsdorfer | Amanda Jackson-Mott | Howard & Liz Johnson | Lidija & Mike Kamansky | Scotte & Bil Kilby | Emmett Kinkade | Mary Koch | Ellen Lamiman | Paula Lehr | Don Linnertz & Scott Wallace | Jacque Luke & Ken Rice | Tom & Carol McCord | Anne McCormack | Craig McKibben & Sarah Merner | Edward McMahon | Jane Orme | Anne & Steve Peck | Bryn Pederson & Tanya Van Buren | Richard Pelman & Sally Browning | Mary Jane Perry & Peter Jumars | Gaye & Jim Pigott | Kathy & Russ Podmayer | Tracie Powney | Mike Real | Eric & Margaret Rothchild | Steve Saunders | Mac Shelton & Frauke Rynd | Karla & Dick Siebe | Kurt & Susan Snover | Carolanne Steinebach | Mike Theobald & Lyn Frisch | Christine Thompson | The Neil and Pat Thorlakson Fund | Marie Tracy | Virginia Wagner | Liz Walker | Kate Wallace-Johnson | Alan Watson & Karen Nichols | Denny & Heidi Weston | Richard Wohns & Marie Lauritano | David & Judith Hardmeyer-Wright | Phil & Carolynne Wright