On the museum grounds, just as the lawn gets nice and shady, the museum will present a short talk, “History of Music in the Methow,” accompanied by three pieces by the Fellowship Quartet selected to accentuate the musical eras discussed in the presentation.
The Shafer Museum is part of the Okanogan County Historical Society and has been run by community volunteers for more than 40 years. It features a number of historic structures, including one carefully crafted log house built in 1896 by Guy Waring for his wife. The locals called it "The Castle". Owen Wister, author of The Virginian, visited here twice, drawing some of his story from the area.
The buildings display many household items used by early Methow Valley pioneers.Shafer Museum supports the Festival